California corvair parts- Issues Resolved Quickly

Anything Corvair related
66airVair

California corvair parts- Issues Resolved Quickly

Post by 66airVair »

I recently ordered cylinders, pistons and rings from California corvair and that all looks amazing.
Last edited by 66airVair on Thu May 16, 2024 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Doug Ward

Re: California corvair parts

Post by Doug Ward »

I have purchased several complete gasket sets from Jeff and they have always included the o-rings with it. I think some one goofed up when assembling the set. Did you call Jeff about this ? I'm sure he would want to hear about this before it got broadcast on the forum.
Dennis66

Post by Dennis66 »

X2 on give Jeff a call. From my experience, he's a stand up guy. Everyone can make a mistake here and there. Dennis
66airVair

Post by 66airVair »

Ok, I thought it was odd, but then I thought maybe he used to supply them but removed them from the kit for some reason. I’ve tried to call a few times but can’t seem to get anyone
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

I have 3 complete gasket kits from Jeff in my stash and all include Viton O rings. I actually like Jeff's gaskets better than any of the other Vendors Gaskets! Good quality stuff IMO.
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

X3...call Jeff!! Certainly a simple oversight.
CA Central Coast
Hulkster Gets a Diesel
Zonker Gets Race Motor
Gem is Still my Favorite
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Now
Been Associated With Fifty+
Former Owner of SuperVair
66airVair

Post by 66airVair »

I just looked over the parts list closely and it looks like it should have contained the O-rings. I sent them an email to get it straightened out. With that said, the pistons and cylinders I got from them look amazing. They look new! I checked the bore and its dead on too. Quality parts!
2LZ

Post by 2LZ »

I have ordered several orders from CA Corvair and I'm glad this came up. Something is definitely up there. Most orders have been fine, but the fails are present. Not sure if it's someone in shipping or what. I've contacted them through the website, connected to order numbers, and no response. No, I did not call. If the website allows you to contact them directly with concerns about an order, and you reference through the order# directly, that should be well-enough.
I really hesitate to chat about vendors, but since it came up........
"Light a fire for a man, and you heat him for a day. Light a man on fire, and you heat him for the rest of his life."
Bertle

Post by Bertle »

I would like to order parts from California Corvairs but no shipping to the UK, which is a shame because that is where I live!
CACorvairs

CALIFORNIA CORVAIR PARTS INC. - O-RINGS SET

Post by CACorvairs »

Customer called this morning and I'm sending out a set of the o-rings this morning.
Somehow they were left out of the kit we sent him (my mistake).

Also, to the person in the UK please double check as we do ship to England quite often.
Please call me if you have trouble doing that online.

The order desk is open here Tuesday - Friday from 9:30 to 4:30.

Thank you,
Jeff
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Often folks don't realize Calif. Corvair is closed Monday.

Jeff's phone line can get busy, but I've had good luck reaching him. When I send an email he always replies within one WORK DAY.

I'll second motohead's recommendation on Calif. Corvair gaskets. Years ago I had problems with Clark's carburetor gaskets leaving gasket debris in the bowl and plugging things. I switched to Calif. Corvair gaskets - MUCH BETTER!

I'll also recommend the blue Viton carburetor accelerator pump cups Calif. Corvair sells.
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

I have been buying stuff from Jeff since the day he opened, his service and parts have always been great! I always phone in my orders and he always answers the phone. I only live about 2 hours from his shop and can drive there to pick stuff up, But I get my packages the next day most times so have them shipped. Once I called at 3 pm and I opened my door at 9 am the next morning and it was on my porch! I called and asked Jeff if he drove up and delivered it himself! I think in all the years I have been buying stuff from him I only ran across 1 defective part and a phone call had a replacement on the way, it was a bell housing seal with a manufacturing defect. I sure miss his open house events! Also I think its nice he chimes in here to answer questions! :tu:
Attachments
Manufacturing defect, 1 phone call and got a replacement the next day!
Manufacturing defect, 1 phone call and got a replacement the next day!
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

I'll add that NOBODY is free from making errors, yet any issues I've had with Calif. Corvair parts are always corrected to my satisfaction. No excuses, no B.S., always polite (if you are!).

Today it seems folks like to pounce and complain before making an effort to contact the vendor. Of course if a vendor won't fix the issue, or makes invalid excuses, then by all means post the exchange.

I got the wrong item from a vendor I had never done business with. It was a hard to find item I needed. I cooled off and called the next day and the fellow apologized and "blamed his wife - LOL". Nice to talk with the owner and he noted it was a good item that had been on his shelf for decades as the company that made it went out of business. He special shipped the correct item to me and paid the shipping to return the incorrect item.
2LZ

Post by 2LZ »

....and this is why I hesitate to discuss vendors. One person comes out with a concern, and the entire community comes out rallying, regardless of ones multiple experiences. Bottom line is, we buy from who we trust. Carry on..... :tu:
"Light a fire for a man, and you heat him for a day. Light a man on fire, and you heat him for the rest of his life."
66airVair

Post by 66airVair »

He resolved my issue quick! I will definitely buy from them again

Return to “Corvair Talk”