63 corvair 95 front coil spring question

All Models and Years
LSX95

63 corvair 95 front coil spring question

Post by LSX95 »

Hey guys, new here. I’ve got a 1963 corvair 95. Most of you would probably hate it but if you want to see it. I’m happy to share. The previous owner torched the front coils.

Im needing to know what the specs were on them. I have the diameter. But wonder if anyone knows spring rate and total height so I can find some new springs for a starting point. Going to lower it quite a bit but I need to know where to start. Thanks in advance!
1963 Corvair 95. Mid-Engine 6.0ls/4l80e. G-body 10 bolt on a reverse 4 link with adjustable coilovers.
caraholic4life

Re: 63 corvair 95 front coil spring question

Post by caraholic4life »

Contact Ken Hand aka Vairmech,

Ken offers a replacement front coil spring as well as shock absorbers that will work in your F.C. vehicle.

These springs will lower the front of the vehicle about two inches from the stock height while improving your ride quality.

Attached is a screenshot from another forum that is now essentially a Ghost Town since a new administrator "Improved" the forum to his preferences and successfully drove many from it in the process.

I saw Ken a couple weeks ago at the recent Helen Springfest event where he had a couple sets available with and without the shocks.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 09-56-30 For Sale - FC Front Springs - Last Run! - Corvair Center Forum.png
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”